Definitions of Imperialism
- Imperialism is a policy of extending a country's power and influence through colonization, use of military force, or other means.
- Imperialism is a system in which a country rules other countries, sometimes having used force to get power over them.
- Imperialism is a situation in which one country has a lot of power or influence over others, especially in political and economic matters
- Imperialism is.
- Imperialism is a policy or ideology of extending a country's rule over foreign nations, often by military force or by gaining political and economic control of other areas.
- Imperialism is the practice of a larger country or government growing stronger by taking over poorer or weaker countries that have important resources.
- Imperialism is the policy and practice of forming and maintaining an empire in seeking to control raw materials and world markets by the conquest of other countries, the establishment of colonies, etc.
Between 1815 and 1848, the forces of nationalism became very strong and the Germans began demanding for a united and a free Germany, but with little success because of the following obstacles.
|British Infantry saluted by French Infantry 1918|
The industrialization of almost all European countries meant that there was no where to expand within Europe, hence there was need to find colonies.
|Defeat of Africans|