CRISIS IN CAPITALIST SYSTEM
We have two types of notes for you
Notes 1 and Notes 2
During that time European capitalist were struggling for Economic demands such as raw material, markets, cheap labor and areas for investment. The demand for these gave rise to various forms of struggle which led to fear and conflicts that led to war (First World War).
After the unification of Germany, Germany intensified her military hence posing strong challenge to other capitalists nations in Europe especially Britain. Military power enabled Germany to acquire colonies in the world. This led to conflict between Germany and other powers which were also interested in colonies e.g. France and Britain.
This was the union among imperialist states in Europe in order to obtain collective defense against their enemy states. This means it was the development of Military alliances among the European powers in order to defend each other militarily once they were attacked by other powers, there were two alliances;
France claimed Morocco as her sphere of influence while Germany wanted Morocco to be independent. Morocco crisis between France and Germany led to war this was the intensive conflicts between Germany and France over the ownership of Morocco in the Northern Africa. This crisis began from 1904-1911 Germany as usual wanted to control Morocco which by then was very rich in minerals like iron and phosphate. However from the beginning the crisis was controlled by France being supported by her ally which is British.
The Balkan states particular Poland and Bosnia were demanding political independence from Austria – Hungary which was getting support from Germany. The Balkan states were supported by Russia. The contradiction between Russia and Germany made Germany to declare a war against Russia.
Dissatisfaction over territory arrangement. By the 19 th century, almost all parts, of the world were under the big capitalism nations with exception of Africa which also come to be colonized in the 19 th century after Berlin Conference in 1884-1885. However colonial Power newer satisfied with the political
Factors Which Made First World War to Spread World Wide
THE EFFECTS OF FIRST WORLD WAR IN EUROPE
EFFECTS OF THE WAR ON AFRICA
2. THE GREAT ECONOMIC DEPRESSION
The Causes of Great Economic Depression
Impacts of Great Economic Depression on Tanganyika
Impacts of Great Economic Depression in General
8. Economic nationalism emerged where by nations formed united fronts in order to get out of Great Economic Depression e.g. New deal in USA where government provided money and other helps to industries, farmers, banks, in order to continue with production and revive the economy.
Impacts of Great Depression on Africa
|Hunger emerged among the children as a result of the parents being unemployed|
Measures Taken to Overcome Great Economic Depression in the Colonies
3. THE SECOND WORLD WAR 1939 - 1945
CAUSES OF SECOND WORLD WAR
Long Term Causes
|Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler|
Impacts of the Second World War on Africa
Rise of African nationalism as a result of Second World War
QUESTIONS FOR GROUP DISCUSSION
1. Discuss the effects of the World wars on the countries of East African countries (NECTA-2000)
2. How did the Great Depression affect East African and what were solutions to the problem? (NECTA-2001)
3. Explain the main causes of the First World War (NECTA-2004)
4. Analyse four causes and four effects of the Second World War on Africa (NECTA-2012)
5. Analyse six causes of the Second World War (NECTA-2013)
6. What measures did the colonial government take to eliminate the problems of the Second World War in East Africa? Give five points. (MBEYA MOCK-2013)
7. Explain six impacts of First World War on Africa (TAHOSA-WZ, 2015)
8. Appraise six (6) effects of WWI to Africa (MBEYA MOCK-2015)
9. “The second World war of 1939 to 1945 was a watershed in a history of African nationalism.” Verify the statement by giving eight arguments. (MOCK-TAMONGOSCO HZ, 2016 )
1.The First World War did not come as thunderstorm but from clear environment. Discuss.
2. How did the great depression affect Africa and what were the solutions to the problem?
3. What was the impact of great depression of 1929-1933 on the colonial economies of Africa?
4. Explain the reasons that led the east African nations to participate in both world wars.
5. Explain causes and effects of First World War.
6. How did the First World War led to the Second World War?
7. Discuss the impacts of world wars in Africa.
8. To what extent the world wars were imperialist wars and explain their effects on east Africa.
9. Explain the reasons that made east African colonies to participate in world war II
10. Discuss the origin and impacts of economic slump of 1929-1933 on Africa.
11. What were the causes for the outbreak of second world war
12. Asses the impacts of the second world war