Join Our Groups
We have Two Exercises with Answers
Number 1 and Number 2
Verb Exercises with Answers
QN 1. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verb:
QN 2. Fill in the blanks with the correct verb forms, choosing from the alternatives given in the brackets:
QN 3. Correct the following sentences:
Verb Exercises with no Answers
A. Underline the verb in each sentence.
1. We live in an apartment
on the boulevard.
2. Some children learn very fast.
3. We go for swimming lessons on Sunday.
4. I like my new bike.
5. Babies sometimes sleep during the day.
6. My dad buys a newspaper every morning.
B. Complete the following sentences by writing ‘is’, ‘am’ or ‘are’ in the blanks.
1. The weather ___________ pleasant today.
2. All the children ___________ on the playground.
3. Boys! You ___________ always late for class.
4. You ___________ in the basketball team, too.
5. Nobody in my class ___________ interested in football.
6. This computer ___________ more expensive than that one.
7. Sally ___________ my best friend.
8. Mom and dad ___________ downstairs watching television.
C. Add -ed
to the following words.
D. Fill in the blanks with is, am, or are along withing to complete the following sentences.
1. Hurry up! We ___________ for you. (wait)
2. That child ___________ bigger everyday. (get)
3. I ___________ for the shops to open. (wait)
4. I ___________ Jane tomorrow. (see)
5. My sister ___________ in Europe for the moment. (live)
6. His dad and brother ___________ (cycle) to the shops.
7. Two people ___________ (cook) dinner on the beach.
8. We ___________ (sit) in the classroom.
E. Fill in the following blanks with ‘has’ or ‘have’ and add -ed to the verb.
1. They ___________ (to clean) the house.
2. She ___________ (to close) the windows.
3. The man ___________ (to live) in London.
4. The policeman ___________ (to follow) the thief.
5. The cat ___________ (to chase) the bird.
6. We ___________ (to lift) the box.
F. Complete the following sentences with ‘had’ along with hints
given in the box.
been – eaten – given – gone – had – known
1. We ___________ to the
cinema before, (to be)
2. The pupils ___________ to the gym. (to go)
3. They ___________ already ___________ breakfast, (to eat)
4. Manju ___________ Gagan before the party, (to know)
5. Payal ___________ him the tip. (to give)
G. Write “was’ or ‘were’ in the blanks in the following passage.
It ___________ a beautiful day and there ___________ n’t a cloud in the sky. Mom, dad and I ___________ in the garden. Dad ___________ in the vegetable garden planting some seeds and Mom and I ___________ busy with other jobs. The day ___________ hot and soon I ___________ feeling very tired. Mom and dad ___________ not tired at all. They went on working for a long time. I ___________ glad when it ___________ time to go inside and have a drink.