STADI ZA KAZI: DARASA LA SABA: NOTES
Utaingiza hizi taarifa, ndipo utasoma notes
IMPORTANCE OF STUDYING VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
What is Vocational Education?
“Vocation education and training” is defined as “training for a specific occupation through a combination of practical experience and theoretical training”. Career colleges are instrumental in providing further education through VET courses.
Vocational education is education that prepares people to work as a technician or to take up employment in a skilled craft or trade as a tradesperson or artisan. Vocational education is sometimes referred to as career and technical education.
A vocational school is a type of educational institution specifically designed to provide vocational education
Some examples of vocation education and training courses include:
- Business administration
- Leadership and management
- Project management
- Early childhood education
Vocational education is both practical and useful for career growth. This is only true if the education establishment is recognised by state education authorities.
Aims and Objectives of Vocational Education
• Provision of technical knowledge and vocational skill necessary for agriculture, industrial, commercial and economic development.
• To give an introduction to professional studies in engineering and other technologies.
• To give room for young men and women to have an intelligent understanding of the increasing complexion of technology.
• Training and impacting of necessary skills leading to the production of craft man, technicians and other skilled personnel who will be enterprising and self-reliant.
• Provision of trained manpower in applied sciences, technology and commerce, particularly at sub-professional levels.
• To provide people who apply scientific knowledge to the improvement and solution of environmental problems for the use and convenience of man.
• Restructuring the educational system at all levels to respond effectively to the challenges and managing the impact of the information age, and in particular the allocation of development fund to education at all levels.
Vocational education is basically life and need based education which can convert an un- skilled inexperienced and illiterate population into human resources, formal education system, because of its rigid chronologically graded structure and inflexible nature excludes the poor from its advantages. In this circumstance as the alternative of formal-education (FE) it is very much necessary to evaluate vocational education so that we can determine the extent of its success and weakness at any stage of poverty reduction as it is considered the best way to bring about longer lasting socio- economic change and self development.
Benefits of vocational education
• Vocational Education helps people in the better performance of their jobs as they acquire a great learning experience. Working professionals get a chance to hone their skills while making money.
• VE is a sort of introduction as it gets employees ready for the workplace which comes in handy while performing various tasks.
• Due to the nature of the skills it imparts, a student doesn’t consider it a futility as compared to academic education.
• Vocational education is the term itself denotes the students are specialized and therefore they have more chances of employment as compared to others.
• Many students who are in a dilemma whether they should attend college or not, VE really opens a completely new door.
• It makes an individual a responsible and independent whereas those who study regular courses lack in this sphere.
• The career of one’s own choice is one of the major benefits of this education, a vast majority of people are caught in the wrong because they were in it for the sack of job, money, lack alternative and professional compromise whereas an individual pursuing VE is already pursuing his dream job.
• This type of education is a great asset to the economy. Our government need not import foreign technician on higher wages as our own can do the required work.
• Certain vocational skills acquired from vocational education teach students the importance of manual work. The physical labor done under certain jobs makes them strong, healthy, active.
• Majority of vocational skills are applicable all over the world and these create employment opportunities in foreign countries.
• Vocational education develop the economy by the bridging the demand and supply gap with highly skilled workers. It also gives students the opportunity to take marketable skills from the classroom directly into the working world.
• Better vocational education also attracts foreign investment and foreign exchange in form of a foreign working platform.
• School dropouts and adults can also receive this type of education as it provides an opportunity to learn a skill and trade. There are many well-paid career fields in which a college degree not required.
• Another benefit is that hands-on work activities allow direct application of acquired knowledge.
• This education provides stable jobs as these are the jobs whose demand is never fulfilled.
Vocational education programs focus on the acquisition of appropriate skills, abilities and competencies as necessary equipment for the individual to live in adapt to the real work situation and contribute to the development of his society.
It assists all young people to secure their own future by enhancing their transition to a lot of opportunities after school. Vocational education can be seen as an aspect of education which utilizes scientific knowledge in the acquisition of practical and applied skill in the solution of technical problems.
It is the process of acquiring attitude, knowledge, competencies relating to occupations in various factors of economics and social life. It has also been described as the education that prepares students mainly for occupations requiring manipulative skills and is designed to develop skills, abilities, understanding, attitude and work habits needed for useful and productive basis. This can provide employment for its recipients and important practical skill development program designed to equip persons of trainable qualities with skills that employers of labor want in the industries, in fact, it is considered as the launching pad for technological development.